Cheap CrossFit Shoes for 2018
How you approach your Crossfit workout is up to you. Whether you go into a session with serious determination to keep on improving, or if you just want to sustain a good level of health, Crossfit is what you make of it. However, it’s not just your determination that will influence how effective your workout is going to be. Other factors form part of the results you are ultimately going to see, such as your technique and the equipment you use. One burpee done right is worth more than 5 done wrong, just like the shoes you wear provide necessary support for specific activities. Yes, you want to pay attention to your gear, and take some advice from our cheap Crossfit shoes 2018 list.
- NIKE Men’s Train Speed 4 Running Shoe
- Inov-8 Men’s F-Lite 250 Cross-Trainer Shoe
- NIKE Men’s Metcon Repper DSX Training Shoe
- Adidas Performance Men’s Crazypower TR M Cross-Trainer Shoe
- New Balance Men’s 713v3
NIKE Train Speed 4 Running Shoe
If you are looking for lightweight versatility, the Train Speed 4 Running Shoe by Nike is a great contender. While it is not perfect, it breaks the limitations of what you can do during a workout thanks to the general supportive design. It also follows the natural shape of a human foot, which is something to consider before making a purchase.
You’re looking at great surface control and traction thanks to the aggressive pattern treads used for the rubber outsole. At the same time, deep flex grooves provide more flexibility. The inner-sleeve will cover the top of the foot to ensure a snug and dry fit, while synthetic leather with integrated breathable mesh ensure a quality upper, locking down on the foot when you need to put yourself through your paces.
- The comfort and lightweight design add to the speed of a workout
- It is available in many different colors while sporting a very fashionable look
- Incredibly versatile and perfect for sports like Crossfit, where a deadlift can be followed directly by a sprint or rope climb
- Users are especially impressed with the way the Nike Men’s Train Speed 4 Running Shoe locks down on a foot during intense training
- The flat heel is ideal for weightlifting
- For the cheap price, this is a high-quality shoe that will get you through an extensive list of workouts
- Users with wider feet have complained the toe box is too narrow
- A lack of arch support for flat-footed athletes
- Some consider the snug fit too constricting
Inov-8 F-Lite 250 Cross-Trainer Shoe
The Men’s F-Lite 250 Cross-Trainer shoe from Inov-8 is also considered an affordable and versatile contender. Although it has a higher heel than the Train Speed 4, the density of the heel makes it perfect for weightlifting and other workouts inside the gym. The only real drawback in terms of performance can be in the running department. While they are not impossible to run with, the running functionality of the shoe can be disappointing.
Sticky rubber is used for the outsole to aid with traction while sporting a geometric tread pattern for great surface control. However, the Meta-flex grooves are responsible for the flexibility of the shoe, meaning the shoe moves with your foot regardless of the direction you are going. The midsole is based on what is called the Powerwheel design, and it is made of compressed EVA. It aims to stabilize pressure when lifting weights, but also to help you get more depth when you squat.
- The majority of users are/were impressed with the F-Lite 250 Cross-Trainer Shoe
- Great surface control thanks to the outsole
- The fit is snug and comfortable without feeling constricted
- Thanks to the Powerheel trademark design, a workout can involve supported weight lifting
- The F-Lite 250 is one of the most flexible trainers
- It is not the perfect shoe for running
- Some size inconsistencies from the manufacturer
NIKE Metcon Repper DSX Training Shoe
Few cross-trainers can claim as much fame as Nike’s Metcon Repper DSX shoes, and with good reason. Not only do they come with a lucrative price, but the possibilities are seemingly endless in terms of how you can use them. The outsole is constructed of solid sticky rubber for maximum traction, and it takes pressure off the midsole, meaning less wear and tear over a long period of use. Flex grooves can be found in the forefoot area, and they accommodate the front movement of the foot while providing surface control.
With a Phylon midsole, the weight is light, the fit is comfortable, and the shoe overall is made to be more flexible. As for those rope climbs, the outer midfoot features a textured rubber overlay to add grip support. Breathable and lightweight mesh is used for the upper, while a padded tongue and collar ensure there is no unnecessary friction. Then, there are the laces that tighten the Flywire when you pull on them, meaning the shoe effectively locks down on your foot.
- Very comfortable even through the toughest workout
- The design and color choices are amazing
- Versatile and flexible
- Great surface control
- Stable when you are firing on all cylinders
- Some durability issues with the upper
- The toe box might be too narrow for certain individuals
Adidas Performance Crazypower TRM Cross-Trainer Shoe
Another pair of trainers that deserve to be on this cheap Crossfit shoes 2018 list would be the Crazypower TRM Cross-Trainers from Addidas. Also versatile and flexible like the others, chances are you’ll be very pleased with the results. From cardio to weightlifting to rope climbing, this could be the pair of shoes for you. The design is based on balancing strength training with weightlifting, and the majority of users felt very confident in these trainers regardless of how tough the sessions got.
Multi-directional traction can be expected thanks to the TRAXION technology used for the outsole, while the shoes sport rubber rope grips at the middle specifically for rope climbs. PRO MODERATOR technology has been used to design the midsole in order to give enough support to the ankle while keeping things light weight. As for the upper, it features a RPU protective cage for added protection of wear and tear.
- The midsole cushioning provides a comfortable and stable fit
- The Men’s Crazypower TR M is incredibly versatile and perfect for Crossfit
- The dense heel gives great stability and support for lifting weights
- Made from high-quality materials
- Amazing traction and surface control
- Spacious forefoot/toe area
- Some users don’t like it for high-impact workouts
- Possibly stiff and uncomfortable fit for some over the course of some time
New Balance 713v3
The main reason why the New Balance 713v3 trainers are on our cheap Crossfit shoes 2018 list is based on the comfort they provide for wider feet. At the same time, they give you enough support to lift weights and confidently go through an extensive range of workouts. The lugged outsole provides great traction while the Fresh Foam midsole is comfortable and stable.
- Affordable trainers made from quality synthetic materials
- Great for individuals with wider feet
- Versatile in terms of lifting weights and doing cardio
- Durable trainers that keeps you confident
- Some complaints about the forefoot area being too narrow
New Balance Men’s 713v3
With this selection of cheap Crossfit shoes 2018, you have no excuse for not sweating every chance you get.